The Friday “A List”
It’s been quite the week. For me, sometimes the best thing to do when I’m stressed to the max or overwhelmed with looming deadlines and client projects is to take a time out and do something that has nothing to do with the things I’m responsible for at the moment. Today, I chose to do two things to clear my head. First, lunch with my kindergartener. Second, get my first “A List” on the blog. (OK, one could argue that it counts as something I’m responsible for, but I see it more as something fun I just wanted to get started on).
So here’s the deal: We’re starting recurring “A List” posts. Sometimes the list will be about business. Sometimes it will be about creative ideas. And sometimes, like today, it’s just a list to give you a little inspiration or smile to get through a tough week (or to celebrate the one you just got through, glass of wine in hand). We’re thinking we’ll try to keep “A List” posts to Friday, but who knows, we may surprise you.
So today, I present the things that are making me smile (in no particular order):
1. Compliments, in any form, really, but especially from people who aren’t required to give them to me (read: family doesn’t count for that today)
2. Clients that provide exactly what I need (on time and in organized format) to get their project done
3. Business colleagues that let me know I’m doing a great job
4. The sunshine. Finally.
5. The weekend that’s right around the corner
6. New business leads
7. My 5-month old showing off his new look-mom-I-can-roll-now moves over and over again
8. Crossing off items on my To-Do list
9. The older couple I saw shuffling along the street on a walk, holding hands like they were just as in love today as when they first met
10. A good workout (I’m looking forward to mine in about an hour; my other de-stresser)
That’s it. A little list to start your weekend. If you have ideas for lists you want generated in the future (I promise, they won’t all be fluffy like this…we’re down with facts and research, too) give me a shout and let me know.