Real estate agents, moguls, and entrepreneurs – wouldn’t it be great if there was a place where you could engage with 20 million people whose favorite things to talk about are homes and home tips and tricks? Well, hold on to your hats people because I have something mind-blowing to tell you. This place exists and it is called Pinterest.
Yes, Pinterest is that big and has an explosive growth rate. It’s time to quit ignoring Pinterest just because it is the new kid on the block. The engagement rates would make any marketer drool and the audience is already fascinated by homes – so it is time for the real estate industry to get with it.
Not convinced you could create enough boards or content to stay relevant on Pinterest? Think again. Here are just a few real estate-related boards you could make that would turn your Pinterest page into a pinner’s paradise.
- Your business: Tell the story of your company. Your values. Your people.
- Home staging: Share pictures and tips for successful home staging
- Local listings: Post about local homes that have recently been sold or listed
- Local market: Share information about local trends and home finance
- Local love: Talk up your neighborhoods and tell people what is happening in town
- Interior decorating: Share products and ideas from local businesses
- Moving day: Give people all the best information, tips, and tricks for moving
- Open houses: Inform your audience on how to make the most out of an open house
- DIY with ROI: Share DIY home improvement projects that will raise the value of a home
- Celebrity real estate: Showcase the lavish homes of the rich and famous
I know what you are thinking. Another social site I need to manage?! Well, I have a secret for you; Pinterest is actually really fun and easy. Most of the work consists of looking at cool pictures and telling everyone how cool they are. As for the technical process, my grandma could handle Pinterest and she still struggles with when to click or double-click.
So real estate professionals get out there and start pinning your way to success.
No seriously, go. I want you all to come back and be able tell us how much you love pinning.