Facebook isn’t the only one making changes to its layout and brand page offerings. LinkedIn recently announced that it is changing its Company Pages as of April 14, 2014.LinkedIn has decided to remove the Product and Services tab; companies will no longer be able to utilize that area to list their offerings (until that date, you can edit, but not add, content to this section).
As of right now, LinkedIn has not announced anything that will be replacing Products and Services. Instead, they suggest using one of their existing options: Company Updates or Showcase Pages.
Why to use Company Updates
- Updates appear on your Company Page and followers’ feeds.
- Updates are shared with your followers’ connections when your followers interact with you.
- Updates are real-time offerings.
Why to use Showcase Pages
- Showcase Pages highlight a particular brand or product.
- Showcase Pages are dedicated communities and promote on-going conversations.
- Showcase Page followers expect to hear news about your brand or product.
What do you think of the new move? Were you a business that regularly depended on the Products and Services tab for your LinkedIn page? Do you think this will have an impact on company pages either way?