Last week, I had the pleasure of seeing our CEO Melissa Harrison present tips, tricks and trends for content marketing to the I-94 Chamber of Commerce. Her session left the room buzzing with attendees asking follow-up questions and getting individual tips for their businesses.
Here are a few of the insightful nuggets Melissa shared with the I-94 Chamber:
- Content marketing is much more than social media. Content marketing is creating and distributing useful content that answers your audience’s questions and eases their pain points. It could be a blog, a video, an infographic, etc. Without content, there is no social media; content should always come first.
- Content marketing isn’t just about making a sale. It’s about building relationships. KPIs (key performance indicators) can be different depending on the needs of the business, be it building brand awareness or driving sales. Prove the success of your content marketing by continuously tracking ROI and the impact of the content you produce.
- Content marketing takes time and yes, money. Remember: it’s about building a relationship, and good relationships take time to develop.
Introductory tips and tricks for content marketing:
- Start with a strategy
- Think about the many uses social media can provide: Customer service, keeping a pulse on the industry, establishing trust and thought leadership, engaging younger demographics, etc.
- Use tools for staying on track: KPIs, content calendars, third-party apps, monthly analytics, source lists, dedicated staff
Want to hear more?
Melissa speaks all over the country sharing her insights about marketing topics: branding, social media, content marketing, marketing strategy. She has more than 13 years of experience in branding and marketing strategy, and I might be biased, but she’s pretty good at it. Actually, you don’t need to take my word for it, last year she was named one of the top 36 Content Marketers who Rock by Content Marketing World and TopRank Online Marketing.
We get it. You’re busy. That’s why we’ll come to you. Why? Because at Allee we believe in helping businesses. We want you to succeed. We want you to know how to use the tricks and tools that your competition is using.
As long as I’ve known Melissa, she’s been passionate about supporting businesses through marketing. She’s a business owner herself, so she understands the challenges and needs of today’s business owners. Her passion for helping businesses fuels everything we do at Allee.
Check out Allee’s upcoming workshops and training and if none of those dates work for you, please contact us to bring a customized presentation and hands-on training to get you up and running or improve your existing content marketing.