I was recently complimented for asking the good questions. I like to ask questions. When I’m new to a topic or digging in deeper, I like to question everything, wrap my brain around the answers and figure out how things work.
It’s important to ask the tough questions, especially if finding the answers might mean stepping back and reassessing the original approach to a problem or process. The same holds true when it comes to using social media strategies.
How to get started on social media: Are you ready?
When you’re ready to start using social media for business, there are a lot of questions you should be asking. Online success requires thoughtful social media strategies. To formulate those social media strategies, you need answers to the questions you may not have thought to even ask yet.
That’s where I can help. But I’ll warn you, these questions won’t all be easy to answer.
Here are nine important questions you should be asking (and answering) that will help you get started and be successful on social media:
- What are your current business goals related to sales, brand awareness and new customers?
- Which online channels is your audience using the most?
- What are the top three referral sources of traffic to your website and how can you tap into the power of social media to make those stronger calls to action?
- How will you track success?
- What keywords, products, services do you wish to be known for?
- What are your target market’s pain points and how can you creatively address those pain points with content?
- Do you have the capacity to keep social media accounts going once you start?
- Will you provide front-end training for staff or executives regarding social media?
- What will it take to get leadership and decision makers on board?
What is social media to your brand? Social media is a powerful tool for reaching, engaging and building relationships with your current and potential customers. Another question you should ask yourself: in today’s digital world, how can your brand compete if it’s not on social media?
If you’re ready to get started on social media but struggle to find the answers to these nine questions, we can help. Our “Best Practices in Social Media” eBook will help you find the right channels and the right voice for your brand. It provides tips for time management, taking your strategy to the next level and tracking ROI. Download our Best Practices in Social Media eBook now and start building a successful online brand and we’ll throw in a $5 off coupon, just use code: BlogSave5