Melissa Harrison, in partnership with Marie Strawser, BCPA board member, will be speaking to BCPA members about the value of using digital marketing tactics (with a focus on social media) in the association space for member recruitment, brand awareness and event marketing/promotion.
Why digital marketing matters to associations
- Overview of what BCPA has done in the past in terms of digital marketing
- What does the association struggle with (i.e.: membership recruitment, etc.) and what are they looking to learn from this presentation/ways to do things better?
- BCPA Website: Updating your profile
The nuts and bolts
- Why digital marketing is no longer a “generation” thing—all generations are online (but also break-out the generations and how they communicate/which platforms work best to reach them)
- The top channels and why/how they work
- The importance of listening and engaging—auto-posting doesn’t work if you’re not monitoring
- How/what your website has to do with your digital marketing strategies
- Examples of associations using digital marketing well to recruit, retain and engage members
- What BCPA can do in the next 6 months to step up its digital marketing “game”