Content marketing: Grow your association
This breakout session will guide association professionals through the ins and outs of content marketing. What is it? Why is it important? What are the trends to pay attention to in 2016? Participants will learn why content marketing is a must-do for associations in order to sustain the organization and how to effectively develop an ongoing content marketing strategy that supports association growth.
Learn how to build a strong membership by creating a content marketing plan that provides relevant, consistent information. Come prepared to take lots of notes in addition to the helpful templates and handouts that will be provided.
Key learning points and takeaways:
- What is content marketing and why is it vital for your association?
- Roadblocks: How can you overcome the top 3 content marketing roadblocks
- How does your audience use online (and offline) communication/content + how can you reach them where they are
- Differences between and importance of: owned, earned and paid content
- Source lists and content ideas: What, how, when and why to use them
- Templates for: content marketing plans, monthly content calendars, analytic reports
- ROI: How do you track and determine success?
- Content marketing trends and best practices: What to look for in 2016 and beyond