Melissa Harrison, CEO and founder of Allee Creative, speaks to companies and audiences nationwide on topics of branding, marketing strategy, social media, content marketing, life balance and entrepreneurship. Melissa’s presentations are thought-provoking and hands-on, presenting information in a way that is relevant to individual audiences and companies. Each presentation is personalized, providing content that will help drive business and provide solid, immediate action items. Check out her speaker video for a glimpse into her style and speaking philosophy:
The following is a sample of Melissa’s most requested presentations. If you are looking for something specific to your organization’s needs, please reach out. Customized speaking and break-out sessions are available. Contact for details or download Melissa’s speaker one sheet to share with your event manager.
Building communities through social media and content strategy
Learn how to build strong communities through social media by creating meaningful conversations and providing relevant, consistent information. This presentation provides the tools you need in order to create your social media plan, including content templates and tools for measuring success. Contact for learning objects and speaker fees.
Telling your story through compelling content
Learn how to reach out to multiple audiences using a variety of new media tactics—blogging, social media, responsive websites, video and podcasts, to name a few. This workshop will also cover innovative ways to take what you are doing in your traditional marketing efforts and apply them to new media tactics. No need to start from scratch! Contact for learning objects and speaker fees.
Content marketing on a shoestring budget
We all know the examples from big companies with large marketing budgets and multiple marketers on staff. What if you don’t fit that bill? This presentation focuses on the truths about time, resources and what YOU can focus on in order to still have a kick-butt content strategy with a limited budget. Contact for learning objects and speaker fees.
Your brand is not a logo
Visual elements are crucial to any brand, but how do you get there? This workshop covers the nuts and bolts of branding. We’ll work through branding questionnaires to develop positioning statements, personas and action plans for understanding your brand and how to communicate these elements through all communication channels. Contact for learning objects and speaker fees.
Social media 101, 201, etc…
The social media 101, 201, etc., topics are designed to give you the proper training on social media channels you struggle to understand or want to learn more about. Sample sessions include Twitter 101, Facebook 101, Facebook advertising, Facebook 201, etc. All courses are customized to the participants’ user level and needs. Contact for learning objects and speaker fees.
Turn passion into a thriving business: overcoming obstacles in start-ups
Entrepreneurs don’t start companies because they’re good at running businesses (though some are), they start them because they’re passionate about their product or excellent at the services they provide. You’re an expert in your field—so how do you turn that passion into a successful business? In this session, hear from a busy entrepreneur who knows all too well the challenges of starting a business. We’ll talk about:
- Balancing life and work—the good, the bad, the ugly
- Marketing strategies—you CAN market your business with limited funds
- Time management—secrets for keeping it all together
- Dealing with “No”—using it to your advantage
- Planning for the future—business plans that work
Family or career? You can succeed at both
Ever come home from work, flop down on the couch and think, “How did I get here?” We’ve all been there. Stressed out, tired, and wondering how we’re going to continue to make it all work. In this presentation, Melissa provides personal testimonies and stories about life lessons she learned along the way of “making it all work” and how you can find balance in your life. We’ll talk about:
- The “3-legged stool approach” to success (curious now?)
- Using planning techniques in your personal life just as you do at work
- How to say “No”
- Health and wellness: where (and how?!) does this fit in?
- Where to go from here—how to make the leap in your career, climb the corporate ladder, or shift your focus entirely
Women leading women: Maintaining balance in an over-connected world
These days, we are always on–anyone can get a hold of us at any time, on any device, right? This topic is great for women who need to regroup in order to move on to the next big thing in their career. Some topics for discussion will include:
- Why it’s OK to say “no” and how to do it effectively
- Letting go of guilt (at work or otherwise)
- How to stick to a “9-5” schedule and truly get your weekends back
- The importance of supporting other women–we can all succeed!
Secrets of a successful woman entrepreneur
Business ownership is not for the faint of heart. It takes hard work and determination. This presentation focuses on personal trials and tribulations when it comes to being a successful, female entrepreneur. Melissa will share:
- Her, “Did they really just ask me that?” scenarios from crazy real-life interview questions to proving her worth to men in the field
- The reality of starting a business without angel funds and what it truly means to work full-time (and then some) to fuel your passion
- The truth about networking
- Organization tips–staying on top of things will set you apart from others
- Why effective communication is your best weapon